How can we help you?
Everything you should know when transferring money from the UK
Sending money is easy and quick with Small World, we’re a leading international provider of payment services with a clear vision to be your favourite choice. Our mission is to become your preferred choice for secure and swift global transfers.
Whether you're in London, Manchester, Birmingham, or Edinburgh, Small World FS makes it simple for people in the UK to send funds abroad.
We have the answers to all your most frequently asked questions below.
How can I send money online from the UK?
- Choose the United Kingdom as the sending country.
- Provide an email address and a secure and strong password.
- Select the country of destination where you’ll be transferring money.
I don't have an email address. Can I create an online account?
No, to create an online account it is mandatory to have a valid email address. You can set up an email account using services like Gmail, Yahoo, or Hotmail.
What Documentation is Required for Creating an Account in the UK?
The remitter needs to provide the following information:
- Date of Birth
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Mobile Number
- Postal Code
What Types of ID are Accepted in the UK?
The United Kingdom accepts a variety of identification documents for account creation. The following types of ID are accepted:
- Resident Card
- National Identification
- Driving Licence
How to validate my account?
Check your email (including the spam folder) for a validation email after creating your account.
Once you've validated your email, you can log in and set up your transfer. If you're using the mobile app, you'll also need to validate your phone number.
If you have any issues with validation, just reach out to our Customer Service team.
How to create a transfer from the UK in 3 easy steps
- Select the destination country and choose the optimal delivery method that suits your needs and the beneficiary.
- Enter the beneficiary information and the desired amount for a seamless transfer process.
- Complete the transaction by making a secure payment to Small World, and you're ready to go!
Which countries can I send money to from the UK?
You can send money to over 180+ countries. Please visit our Homepage and view the complete list in the country dropdown menu.
How long does it take for the money to arrive?
Transfer processing time can vary depending on the bank, location, time of the day/year, and other factors. Read more in our blog about How Long Do International Money Transfers take.
How do I link my current offline account with my new online account?
We can link your current offline Small World account with your new Small World online account. When signing up, find the section called Activating a branch account. and provide us with your current email address and mobile phone number as we have your records in the system.
Note: Your username is the email you use to register with Small World. Please contact customer service if you have any problems.
I forgot my password. What can I do?
Don’t worry. You can recover your password by clicking on Forgot your password? on our website registration page or in our mobile app.
I have made a mistake when entering the email, what do I do if the email does not arrive?
You can contact us through the chat available on our website and mobile apps or reach us by email at [email protected]. We can support you with any needed changes or send you the confirmation again.
My account appears blocked. What can I do?
You can contact us through the chat icon located in the bottom right corner of our website or apps or by email at [email protected] or by calling +44 2031980387, and we will help you unblock/check your account.
Can I delete my account with Small World Money Transfer?
You can make your account inactive if you no longer want to use it. You can email [email protected] from the e-mail address you used for registration.
Can I send money to Cuba from the UK?
Unfortunately, we do not have the service to send money from the UK to Cuba. Currently, our money transfer service to Cuba is available from the following countries - Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and Switzerland. This is subject to change.
Can I send money from the UK to myself and collect it in another country?
Yes. When you create a beneficiary, select Myself and provide all relevant information.
Can I send money to a business from the UK?
Yes. When you create a beneficiary, select Business and provide all relevant information.
How can I pay for a transaction when sending money from the UK?
Currently, when setting up a transfer from the UK, we only accept MasterCard, Visa Debit Cards, and Credit Cards for payment. The card used must also be in your name and issued in the UK We do not accept corporate, pre-paid, American Express, or Discover cards.
Is there any additional cost associated with my transaction if I pay with a credit card?
Whenever a client pays for a money transfer order using a credit card, the funds are transferred from the credit card to our bank account as cash withdrawal which is considered a cash advance by your credit card provider, and an interest rate on a cash advance is charged by your credit card provider.
Are there limits for paying with a debit card from the UK?
Yes, you can send up to £2000 per transaction in the UK. This amount is subject to change. Please remember to use a MasterCard, Visa Debit Card, or Credit Cards that is in your name and issued in the UK. We do not accept corporate, credit, prepaid, American Express or Discover cards.
What are the limits for sending money abroad from the UK?
Limits depend on the destination country and the type of service. It may also vary depending on the beneficiary's personal account limits.
How can I save my card information in the system?
We currently do not allow you to save your card information. However, we are planning to add this feature shortly. We will inform you by email when this is available.
What kind of promotions are offered to the customers in the UK?
We regularly offer promotions and notify our customers by email, via social media, or SMS
How can I contact Digital Support in the UK?
You may contact Digital Support by email at [email protected] and through our chat which you can find on our website or mobile apps. You can also call +44 2031980387. The team is available to assist you from 9 am to 7 pm Monday to Friday and from 9 am to 4 pm on Saturdays.
Do I have to contact UK Customer Services every time I place a transaction?
No, digital transactions are meant to be placed without needing to contact our customer service. In case of any additional requests or issues, we will get in touch with You.
My document is expired. What should I do?
You can upload a new valid copy of Your document in Your profile or send it to us by email to [email protected] and we will treat it for You.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Send Money Safely from Ireland with Small World
- Sending Money Online from Austria Made Easy
- What is the status of my transaction?
- How to register?
- What does each status mean?
- Can I cancel my order?
- How do I contact Customer Support?
- How do I find my nearest Branch?
- How do I receive a refund?
- Can I send money to a company or business?
- How do I contact a Branch?
- I haven't received the validation code by SMS?
- I am unable to log in, or receive an error message such as 'incorrect username or password'. (Newly registered client)
- Is it possible for the receiver to collect cash if their ID name and name on the money transfer form don't match?
- Can I use the same account online and with the App?
- Why are you asking me for so much personal information?
- Everything you should know when transferring money from the USA
- Everything you should know when transferring money from Switzerland/Germany/France
- Everything you should know when transferring money from Italy
- Everything you should know when transferring money from the UK
- Everything you should know when transferring money from Sweden
- The Ultimate Guide to Transferring Money from Norway
- Sending Money from Portugal: A Comprehensive Guide
- How to Efficiently Transfer Money Out of Greece
- Seamless Money Transfers from the Netherlands
- Comprehensive Guide to Money Transfers from Luxembourg
- Top Tips for Safe Money Transfers from Brazil
- Everything you should know about transferring money from Spain
- Transferring Money from Finland: Tips for a Smooth Transfer
- Sending Kroner Far and Wide: Money Transfers from Denmark
- The Ultimate Guide to Transferring Money from Belgium
- Everything you should know about transferring money from Northern Ireland
- Slovenia's Trusted Choice for Quick International Payments