Our money transfer services to Bangladesh
- All branches of Uttara Bank Limited shall remain closed on Thursday, 26th March, 2020 on the occasion of the Independence Day of Bangladesh. During 29th March 2020 to 2nd April 2020, most of the branches of Uttara Bank Limited will remain open and carry out its operation at limited scale (from 10.00 am to 12.00 pm).
- Rupali Bank has suspended the services to take precautions preventing the spread of the Corona (Covid-19) pandemic from 26 March, 2020 to 4 April, 2020.
- Central Bank declared general holiday for all banks in Bangladesh except some banking service in limited scale for the period from 29th March 2020 to 2nd April 2020. Remittance services with DUTCH BANGLA BANK (DBBL) shall be available as follows:
- Cash Pickup - DBBL Branches 10:00 am -12:00 pm (Sat-Thurs),
- Cash Pickup - Agent Banking outlets (All) 10:00 am-1:00 pm (Sat-Thurs).
- Only 35 branches of Banco Bolivariano remains open: Mon-Fri from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Transactions sent to Banco Bolivariano accounts will be paid automatically without time restriction.
- Agrani Bank Branches are open from 10:00 am -12:00 pm during 29th March - 2nd April 2020.
- Janata bank remains closed until 31st March 2020
- Islami Bank Branches are open from 10:00 am -12:00 pm during 29th March - 2nd April 2020.
- SOCIAL ISLAMI BANK Branches are open from 10:00 am -12:00 pm during 29th March - 2nd April 2020.
- Al-Arafh Islami Bank Branches are open from 10:00 am -12:00 pm during 29th March - 2nd April 2020.
- Southeast Bank Branches are open from 10:00 am -12:00 pm during 29th March - 2nd April 2020.
- National Bank remains closed until 31st March 2020.
- Union Bank Branches are open from 10:00 am -12:00 pm during 29th March - 2nd April 2020.
- NRB Branches are open from 10:00 am -12:00 pm during 29th March - 2nd April 2020.
- Bank Asia Branches are open from 10:00 am -12:00 pm during 29th March - 2nd April 2020.
- South Bangla Agriculture Bank Branches are open from 10:00 am -12:00 pm during 29th March - 2nd April 2020.
- Uttara Bank Branches are open from 10:00 am -12:00 pm during 29th March - 2nd April 2020.
- Transactions to bank deposit might be delayed due to the Bangladesh Electronic Funds Transfer Network (BEFTN) closure until 1st April 2020.
2% additional cash incentive when you send money to Bangladesh with Small World
With reference to Bangladesh Bank, FE Circular No. 31 dated: 06/08/2019, we are pleased to inform all our customers that the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh has declared a 2% cash incentive on all homebound foreign remittances sent from abroad as of 01 July, 2019. Please note that this cash incentive is only applicable for personal money transfers to Bangladesh, and is not applicable for remittances related to business entities or trade.
2% of the converted transfer value will be added to your beneficiary in Bangladesh. No legal document is required for a single transaction up to 150,000.00 BDT. For transactions more than 150,000.00 BDT please see the additional documents below.
FAQBangladesh Bank (Central Bank of Bangladesh)
Official policy of giving incentives / cash assistance for all money transfers sent through authorised channels - Start date: 01.07.2019.
Who is the Beneficiary in Bangladesh?
Individuals only (companies won’t be considered for the incentive).
What is the incentive?
2% (two percent) of the payout amount.
To whom will the incentive be paid: to the Sender or the Beneficiary?
To your Beneficiary in Bangladesh.
Who will pay the incentive to the Beneficiary?
The Bank where transaction is going to be paid.
Will the Beneficiary get the incentive if the transaction is paid by non-banking institution in Bangladesh?
Will the incentive be paid to the Beneficiary in Taka?
Does delivery method matter for the incentive?
Yes, only Cash Pick Up and Bank Deposit are eligible delivery methods for the incentives (mobile wallets or airtime won’t be considered).
Will the Beneficiary receive the incentive in cash?
If the delivery method is Cash Pick Up, the incentive will be paid in cash. If the delivery method is Bank Deposit, the incentive will be added to the Beneficiary’s account.
Will incentives be paid to the Beneficiary for each transaction received?
Does the Sender need to provide any additional documents?
If single transaction exceeds 150,000.00 BDT, the Sender must provide to Small World the following info/documents:
a) their passport number and b) If employed: a copy of appointment letter issued by the foreign employer OR a copy of certificate issued by BMET (Bureau of Manpower, Employment and Training), or if self-employed or engaged in business, a copy of their trade license.
Who qualifies as a sender abroad?
Any Bangladesh citizen working abroad is classed as a “Wage-Earner”, provided they are not paid by the Government or a statutory, autonomous or semi-autonomous body. The scheme also includes any Bangladesh national who has his/jher origin in Bangladesh but, for any reason, has taken foreign nationality.
Send money to Bangladesh with Small World today
We’re making a big world smaller by bringing friends, families and businesses closer together.
Great rates and low fees
Constantly checked against competitors and better than the banks
15 million customers
A worldwide community can’t be wrong, register in 2 minutes
Real time payment tracking
We’re a regulated financial services company with a secure system that handles over 1million transactions per month
Rapid transfer service our 15 million customers love
Send your money to Bangladesh, your way - Our top money transfer services
Send cash for collection at over 3,557 locations accross BangladeshBank Deposit
Transfer directly to a bank account in Bangladeshi takaMobile Top-up
Send mobile airtime in Bangladeshi taka
Don't take our word for it
Read what our customers think about sending money to Bangladesh with Small World. Read more reviews at TrustPilot.com
How to send money to Bangladesh
1. Join 15 million other customers by registering online
2. Choose who you’re sending money to
3. Decide how you want to send money to Bangladesh
4. Track the status of your money transfer to Bangladesh by downloading our App
Be aware of potential money transfer fraud
At Small World the safety and security of your money transfer is our top priority. You can find out more about potential scams and how to avoid becoming a victim of fraud by reading our online guides
Customers have voted our awesome App as 5* in the App store - download here
Join the thousands of customers giving us 5* reviews