Managing fraud risks is a key objective for Small World.
Firstly, there is the obligation to protect our system from becoming an instrument for fraudulent activities and there is the obligation to warn our customers for such activities. Secondly, Small World wants to protect its reputation as a reliable global provider of money transfer services. Our company will take action against any form of criminal activity, whether it is money laundering, the financing of terrorism, or fraud.
Tips for customers to stop fraudsters
- Never send money to someone you do not personally know.
- Never send money first in order to get something in return later on, like for a lottery, a job, or a loan
- Do not believe an emergency story from someone who says to be a relative without verifying the person really is your relative.
- Do not believe in offers that state a money transfer is the only possible way of payment.
- Think before you act, an offer that sounds too good to be true is usually too good to be true
- Be aware there is no protection against loss due to a fraudulent money transfer.