So, youre thinking of moving to Canada. You probably have a few questions. Canadas a big country and before you set off you need to know what awaits you!There are plenty of things to consider when moving to Canada. Whatever your reasons for wanting to move, there are going to be some hurdles. The pandemic has also made it trickier than ever to move across the world.
The best way to have a seamless moving experience is to gather all the information you need. You need to know the requirements of moving to Canada and what you will find when you get there.Lets take a look at some of the things to consider when moving to Canada.
- Why should I move to Canada?
- What to expect when moving to Canada?
- How many people are moving to Canada?
- Is moving to Canada easy?
- How can I immigrate to Canada?
- Can you move to Canada without a Job?
Why should I move to Canada?
Where to start? You probably already have your own ideas about why Canada is a great place to live. Whether you are thinking of moving to Canada from India or the US or the UK, there are many stand out features that make it such an attractive destination.
Its big and beautiful. Canada has a variety of picturesque locations across its 9.094 million square kilometers. From the Alberta Badlands to the Thousand Islands of Ontario. If youre a nature lover its the perfect place to live and you could spend years exploring the vast countryside.
Safety and support are high priorities for Canadians. Canada is one of the safest countries in the world and is an education superpower. They also boast one of the most accessible and excellent health care systems in the world. If you are moving to Canada from the US this is definitely one of the most important things to consider.
On the practical side of things, Canada is an economically stable and prosperous country. There is an abundance of job opportunities compared to other countries and it is a great place to build a successful career.
Canada is also one of the most diverse and open-minded countries in the world. They have a focus on sustainability and representation that many other modern countries aspire to. Perhaps as a result Canada consistently ranks in the top ten happiest countries in the world in the happiness index. And in a 2020 CEOWorld Magazine survey Canada ranked as the fifth happiest country. They must be doing something right!
Now you know why moving to Canada is a good idea, let's have a look at what you might expect to find.
What to expect when moving to Canada?
This will likely depend on where you are moving from. If youre moving to Canada from Mexico your experience will be different than if youre moving to Canada from the UK.You will find that:
- The sense of humor may differ. Canadians are typically self-deprecating and dry when it comes to telling jokes.
- The tipping system may be different from what youre used to, especially if youre from the UK. Gratuities are rarely included in restaurants. However, youre expected to tip between 15-20% in Canadian restaurants.
- The weather can be unreasonably cold in some parts of the country, particularly in the winter when temperatures can drop to -30 degrees celsius. Brrr! A good winter jacket is a must.
- You might be surprised by the tremendous culinary culture especially in cities like Toronto and Vancouver.
- Canada has a tremendous amount of music, art and culture. Youll find yourself in the middle of a thriving music scene in cities like Montreal and Toronto.
- You will also quickly realise that Canadians are some of the friendliest people in the world. The nature of Canadians is to be polite and accommodating. So you should look forward to a warm welcome wherever you live even if you decide to winter in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Your expectations will likely be met or even exceeded by the many wonders and curiosities of Canada. Your moving experience should be fun as long as you go with an open mind.
How many people are moving to Canada?
When you finally decide to say Im moving to Canada, it might comfort you to know that hundreds of thousands of other people are saying the same thing. The country has a worldwide reputation for being welcoming and supportive of immigrants. As a result every year more people are deciding to call Canada home.
Since the current Canadian government came into power in 2015 they have made accepting 300,000 immigrants per year the new normal. Is Miley Cyrus moving to Canada? Is Whoopi Goldberg moving to Canada? It seems like people from all over the world are interested in living there, including the rich and famous.
The relatively relaxed immigration policies mean that more and more people are trying to start a new life in Canada. This also means that you will have some competition. Therefore you should try and learn about everything and anything before making a visa application. Then you will have the best chance of succeeding and finding a place to call home in Canada.
Is moving to Canada easy?
It is easier to move to Canada than it is to immigrate to many other countries. However, thats not to say that the process is simple. Immigration rarely is. There are hurdles to overcome and there is a lot of admin to do.
There isnt a standard period of time that it takes to move to Canada. It can take anywhere from a few months to a couple of years depending on your circumstances. With the current COVID-19 pandemic that process is likely to be irregular and prolonged.
On top of that, moving to Canada may be a big cultural switch for you. Although one of the upsides of Canada is that it is a relatively tolerant and multicultural society. But be sure that there will be a city, or a town or a community somewhere in Canada that suits you and allows you to thrive.
How can I immigrate to Canada?
There are a number of ways to go about immigrating to Canada. The path you choose will depend on your job, your family and your plan for the future.Here are a few of the ways you can choose:
- Express Entry - Immigrate as a skilled worker
- Self-employed - Take this route by working as a self-employed individual in cultural or athletic activities
- Start up Visa - Immigrate by starting a business
- Provincial nominees - Move to Canada by being nominated by a province or territory
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot
- Quebec-selected skilled workers
- Agri-food Pilot
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot
For a further look at the ways you can immigrate you can go to the official Canadian website for Immigration and Citizenship. There you will find an in-depth look at all the technicalities and thresholds that need to be met in order to immigrate to Canada.
Can you move to Canada without a job?
Yes, you can! You do not need to have a job or a job offer in Canada to move there. It is a land of opportunity that allows immigrants to build a career and succeed.There are two ways to immigrate to Canada without a job offer.
- The Express Entry System - Immigrate as a skilled worker to obtain permanent residence.
- The Provincial Nomination Program - Each province and territory has its own system. If you have the skills to contribute to the economy of that province or territory and you want to live there then this could be the option for you.
Both of the systems provide immigrants with ways of finding jobs and obtaining residence in Canada. If this sounds like something youd be interested in it is a good idea to check your eligibility. Then you can decide which path you want to take.
For a more in-depth look at moving to Canada without a job visit CanadianVisa.Org
Small World knows that uprooting and starting a new adventure can be nerve-racking. Which is why were here to help. Once youre all settled in Canada, you can use our services to send money back home to your family.