Going digital: First time sending money online? Here’s what you need to know
We live in a digital world and it’s no surprise that the money transfer sector is moving increasingly online. The rise of e-commerce and growing number of smartphone users mean that online services are more accessible than ever. According to a report by Statista, the total transaction value of digital payments is expected to show an annual growth rate of 12% by 2023. The Covid-19 pandemic will only accelerate this change.
As well as an increased number of customers using the Small World app, many of you are turning to our website as a secure and efficient way to send funds.
It might be that you’re already a Small World customer who is currently unable to visit your usual agent of branch. Or perhaps, as you look to help your family and friends abroad, you are looking to send money for the first time. Either way, Small World is here to help make the switch to online as easy as possible and this guide will walk you through the necessary steps…
The benefits of sending money online
There are many other advantages of sending money online with Small World, including:
- Your first transfer is fee free
- We offer great exchange rates and low fees
- Online allows you to safely send money to anywhere in the world
- There are no hidden costs
- You can track the status of your money transfer online
How to send money online?
- If you are new to Small World and want to set up an online account, go to our registration page and select the “Create account” option
- Enter and re-enter your email address, along with a suitable password. Then, once you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions you can create your account
- You will receive an email from us asking you to validate your email address – within the email click on “confirm email address”.
Note: You must not try to login to your online money transfer account until you have validated your email address
4. You are now registered. Once you have entered some further information and provided your identification documentation, you will be able to make your first transaction
You will be asked to enter:
Date of birth (DOB), first name, middle name, last name, mobile phone number, occupation and home address.
You must also provide one of the following types of identification:
- Resident Card
- Full Driver Licence (not provisional)
5. Your account has been set up and you can use it to send money online.
Existing customers who send money via a branch or agent
1. If you already send one via a Small World branch or agent, or through our call centre, it is possible to activate an online account which is linked to your existing activity. This way you can still access information about your beneficiaries and past transactions, making it even easier when sending money abroad.
Go to our registration page and select the “Have a branch account? Activate online now” option
2. The next screen allows you to activate your store account online. Select the country you wish to send money from, your ID documentation type and your ID number
You can find your Client ID after your name on a Small World branch transaction receip
3. At this point, if we don’t already hold details of your mobile number, you will be asked to contact customer services in order to complete the activation of your online account
If we have your mobile number, we will send an online validation code via SMS to enter in the next screen
4. Once you have successfully entered your validation code, you will be asked to enter a valid email address and create a password.
If you are unable to enter the validation code, you will be directed to our customer service department.
5. Lastly, you will receive a confirmation email from us. Click to confirm, you are now able to send money.
We hope this guide will help you to create your account. Whether you are an existing Small World customer or have yet to use our payment services, by registering online you will be able to send money safely and quickly to over 190 countries.