Spain - Madrid - Data Protection Officer
Small World empower everyone in the world to be able to send and receive money anywhere, anytime with a unique combination of speed and simplicity.
We are looking for Data Protection Officer to work in our office based in Madrid, Spain. To be successful you will be able to demonstrate that you have good experience working with Data Protection, ability to communicate in Spanish and English is essential.
This exciting opening will give you the chance to work for a company that is continually growing, with a number of opportunities to excel and progress within the company. If you want to be part of this fast-growing, international, multi-lingual community, that has integrity, fairness and a clear sense of purpose, then apply now!
We’re Small World, and we’re here to deliver value globally.
- Resolution of all GDPR related queries.
- Assessment and resolution of complaints (received from clients and/or supervisory authority).
- Undertake Privacy Impact Assessments with the business, as necessary. Final PIAs to be submitted to the DPO for approval.
- Monitoring development of products, processes, procedures, and any other development on which a PIA has been performed to ensure that the recommendations made in the PIA are implemented.
- Development of GDPR related policies and procedures.
- Development of GDPR training content. Work with Small World School to deliver the training to the identified/targeted recipients.
- Management and update of Data Breach and Data Processing logs.
- Management and update GDPR Risk Register.
- Co-ordinate all activities to address GDPR matters as identified in the Risk register. Report status of activities to DPO on a regular basis (timings to be agreed).
- Organisation of GDPR committees, taking minutes of committees, updating Risk register as necessary and ensuring follow up of all action items.
- Collaboration in GDPR/Compliance related projects.
- Other Adhoc duties as directed by the GCCO.
The successful candidate will
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English & Spanish is essential. The ability to speak a third European language would be highly advantageous.
- Specialised knowledge in EU data protection regulation (RGPD).
- Previous experience in the Money Transfer industry would be an advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience with GDPR.
- You will have excellent Microsoft Office excel and word skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team working, ability to work with a virtual team.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Be able to demonstrate a collaborative style of working.
Type of contract: Permanent – Full time.
Hours: Monday to Friday - 9:00 - 18:00
CV to: email@example.com