10022 - London - UK - Shared Project manager
Small World empower everyone in the world to be able to send and receive money anywhere, anytime with a unique combination of speed and simplicity.
We are looking for Shared Project Manager to work in our office, based in London, UK. To coordinate and oversee the rapid delivery of a strong Digital roadmap. To be successful you will be able to demonstrate that you have good experience acting as the central manager between IT, Digital, Customer Service, Compliance and other key stakeholders.
Success in this role is about putting in place strong processes and controls, ensuring all projects and change requests have clearly documented requirements, we have sufficient capacity in place, and there are ‘no surprises’ in future releases
This exciting opening will give you the chance to work for a company that is continually growing, with a number of opportunities to excel and progress within the company. If you want to be part of this fast-growing, international, multi-lingual community, that has integrity, fairness and a clear sense of purpose, then apply now!
We’re Small World, and we’re here to deliver value globally.
- Lead the bi-weekly / monthly project status review and prioritisation meetings Initiating and planning projects and change requests
- Establish project Statement of Works / Scope / Requirements with stakeholders
- Identify any areas of scope and/or responsibilities that are not clearly defined in Statements of Work and agree on a resolution prior to starting development Being clear on project roles and responsibilities for successful delivery of workstream(s)
- Align project requirements to resource competencies within IT + 3 rd parties
- Manage a delivery plan together with the project team
- Lead the business users to confirm scope
- Manage the project schedule
- Manage stakeholder expectations throughout the project
- Manage project quality assurance activities
- Develop required change requests in line with PMO-defined control approach
- Manage resource plan(s), mitigating any potential resource conflicts including third party vendors. Escalate any personnel issues to upper management in a timely fashion
- Track project status and communicate status to Senior Project Manager
- Manage project change control procedures and update project baseline as required
- Monitor quality of project deliverables
- Monitor project risks/issues and communicate status of risk/issue plans
- Obtain final project acceptance
- Transition project deliverables to service
- Survey stakeholders and analyse results
- Formally close project or change request, according to PMO procedures
- Experience of high volume, payment processing a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly-changing environment, working with complex projects and handling demanding internal customers
- Possess a high degree of project planning and organisational skills
- Proven experience of delivering complex ecommerce projects, with multiple workstreams running in parallel
- Experience in delivering projects across different teams working to a mix of Agile scrum, Iterative and Waterfall methodologies
- Project Management or Scrum Professional Qualification desirable
- Experience participating in API integrations involving external tools and services (payment gateways, ERP, CRM and more)
- Proficient in MS Excel (or similar) and collaboration tools such as Wryke, Trello or Jira
- Analytical, good problem-solver and strong critical thinking skills
- Able to effectively articulate and present technical / process information and risks to non- technical users and business sponsors
- Enjoys building positive relationships with users, key business stakeholders and IT teams
- Fluency in English is essential. Ability to speak a second language would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable leadership skills, a strong delivery focus and a willingness to confront issues, and find solutions
- Actively enjoys working with people from different cultures and languages
- A self-starter, who works well independently and gets things done, completer finisher
- Confident but never arrogant, willing to challenge the status quo
- Collaborative in approach, who engages with peers, and others alike
- Sympathetic to our target audience (predominantly migrants) and the importance remittances (money transfers) can make to their remote, or extended families
Type of contract: Permanent – Full time.
For more information on our company please visit our website https://www.smallworldfs.com/en