Portugal - Lisbon - Compliance Assistant
Small World FS is Europe’s leading and most trusted payment services provider, specialising in offering highly localised customer service and market-specific payment solutions, through a network of over 200,000 locations worldwide. We aim to be an international financial service provider and a worldwide reference, thanks to our extensive network of offices, agents and payment points.
We are currently looking for a Compliance assistant to give support to the Sales team in order to induct new agents in our extensive network and act as the central point for screening documentation in accordance with HMRC and FCA regulations. The role involves liaising with the sales manager, sales reps, agent support, and IT to ensure agents are set up to trade for Small World.
Job Type: Full time Permanent; 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Lisbon – Saldanha (head office)
Position reports to: Head of Compliance
- Agent onboarding for UK, Ireland, Portugal and Nordics;
- Review of documents provided by the Sales/New accounts Team in accordance with Small World On-boarding procedure.
- Advise the sales and new accounts teams on how to ensure compliance with Small World Policies & procedures when recruiting agents.
- Registering and controlling new agents with the authorities (FCA, HMRC) and follow-up with removals in an efficient and fast way, ensuring Small World due diligence is respected at all times.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting as required to track the progress of agents as they are on-boarded or closed.
- Quality control of approved Agents
- Liaison with regulators/authorities
- Employee screening for Portugal
- Receive and organise application in a timely and effective manner, ensuring quick access when there is a need to confirm any further documentation;
- Responsible for all areas of risk management and agent oversight, including on-going auditing of existing agents, reporting and supporting external audits
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Essential work skills:
- Educated to bachelors or masters degree in law or business administratio (Not mandatory but preferable)
- Experienced in working within the financial services sector (preferable)
- Advanced competence of Word and Excel (mandatory)
- Fluent in English (mandatory)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent problem solving skills, able to effectively and proactively work to identify key issues and route causes and identify appropriate solutions
- Ability to recognise potential risks to the Company that should be escalated
- Ability to manage & prioritise an extensive caseload
- Understanding of the regulatory environment preferably gained in a compliance function
- Work contract;
- Base salary + meal allowance;
- Health insurance
- Project with continuity and stability;
- Multicultural environment;
- Offices location in the centre of Lisbon (Saldanha metro station);
>If you’re interested in this role, please send with your CV (in English), with the reference: Compl_LX, to: email@example.com