Covid-19 Small World Service status update
- Are Small World branches and agents still open to transfer money?
Yes, Money Transfer services are an essential service authorised by the government and so the majority of Small World branches and agents are open. You can see the latest opening hours and any restrictions on opening hours by checking our Branch Locator.
For customers who want to transfer money through an Agent, we encourage you to call Customer Service, or the agent to confirm opening hours, and services available before travelling.
Our mission is to keep Small World open for business during these challenging times.
- I already have a branch account, how do I access it online?
If you need to transfer money and cannot visit one of our branches, we recommend setting-up an online account. If you already have an account in one of our Small World branches or agents, you can call our Customer Service team to activate your online account, or register online. It’s a simple and easy process, and your new online account will list all your current beneficiaries and past transactions. You’ll be able to send money online quickly and easily.
- How do I access money transfer services by the Small World App?
If you already have a branch account, then we still recommend calling our Customer Services, or registering online to link your current branch account with a new online account. This will save you setting-up a new profile, and having to validate your identity again. It also means all your beneficiaries and transactions will be visible to you immediately.
- What actions are you taking to protect customers and employees in your branches?
We are providing hand sanitizers in all our branches for our employees. We have introduced a regular, thorough cleaning regime with antiviral cleaner. Our employees generally work behind glass which helps protect them too. We take the safety of our customers and employees very seriously and are working hard to ensure everyone can transfer money safely and securely during this challenging time.
- I’ve had a cough or fever in the last 14 days, can I still visit a branch to transfer money?
No. You must stay at home for a period of 14 calendar days after you first started showing the symptoms of Coronavirus. The safety and health of our employees and customers remain our top priorities during this crisis and we ask our customers to respect this.
- Is it safe to handle cash?
The science on how long COVID-19 can survive on different surfaces is still under investigation, however, banknotes are no more likely to spread the virus than other surfaces. Many countries now have plastic notes which can be washed / cleaned with an anti-viral cleaner if necessary. The best possible protection is to follow the basic hygiene instructions below.
We are still accepting cash, though we ask our customers to use debit cards whenever possible.
- Can I still send money to countries under lockdown?
Absolutely. We are constantly updating our payer network to reflect any changes in service, so you can be sure your money will arrive safely and quickly. In some countries cash pick-up may no longer be available, but other digital money transfer options will be available, e.g. payment direct to a bank account, or transfer to a mobile wallet. In some cases, it may take a little longer for your transfer to reach your beneficiary. Please accept our apologies for any disruption to our regular service.
- Can someone else pick-up the cash on behalf of my receiver if they are quarantined?
For security purposes, only the nominated receiver can pick up your money transfer. If you have made a transfer and your beneficiary cannot collect the cash in person, then you will need to cancel the order. You can set-up a new beneficiary online, or you can transfer the money digitally, direct to their bank account.
- How can I avoid spreading Coronavirus?
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Self-isolate for 14 days if you are living with someone who has Coronavirus
- Keep 2m apart when visiting a branch / agent
Destination countries with services changes:
- Afghan Shraq locations in Kabul and Mazar provinces will be open three days a week Monday, Wednesday and Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Khyber informs: In light of COVID-19 the opening time is reduced to Monday, Wednesday, Saturday from 09:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- RAEA locations are open Monday - Saturday: 8:00 am -15:00 pm until further notice
- Some offices of Argenper have been reopened in Argentina to pay Cash Pick-up transactions.
- Latin Express has few payment points enabled with reduced hours for cash pick-up payments. Clients can contact call center line: 52381000 to get information about reopened offices
- Transactions to Bank deposit are processed on regular basis.
- Rupali Bank has resumed Pick-Up service. Payment is subject to availability of opening branches and Paying alliance. Bank has been opening cash counter on rotation basis for certain hours.
- Remittance services with DUTCH BANGLA BANK (DBBL) shall be available as follows:
- Cash Pickup - DBBL Branches 10:00 am -2:00 pm (Sun-Thurs)
- Cash Pickup - Agent Banking outlets (All) 10:00 am-2:00 pm (Sun-Thurs), 10:00 am - 12:00pm (Sat).
- DBBL Account Credit (Core bank A/c, Rocket & Agent Banking Account) 10.00 am-3.00 pm (Sun-Thurs), 10.00 am-12.30 pm (Sat)
- BEFTN (Credit to Other Bank/3rd bank account) 10.00 am-3.00 pm (Sun-Thurs)
- UTTARA BANK carry out their operation at limited scale with Transaction hours from 10.00 am to 1.30 pm and Office hours from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm from 16th June 2020 till further notice as per guidelines of Central Bank in order to restrain the spread of ongoing covid-19 pandemic.
- Banco Bisa: locations are open Monday - Saturday: 8:00 am -12:00 pm.
- Many Davivienda's branches have been closed, but 187 branches still remain open Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 13:00 pm.
- BBVA branches in Bogotá open Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and in the rest of the country: 8:00 a.m. at 1:00 p.m.
- Colombian government has extended preventive isolation and quarantine until 15th June 2020. PAGOS own branches will be open Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 17:00 pm, Saturday from 9:00 am to 14:00 pm. SuperGiros offices will provide remittance payment service Monday to Saturday from 8:00 am to 19:00 pm.
- EXPRESS UNION locations are operating Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 14:00 pm, Saturday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Sunday - closed.
- Banco Delbank: locations will be open from 08:00 am to 13:00 pm, including Saturdays and Sundays.
- Banco Bolivariano branches are open, only 14 of them are closed due to government requirements.Transactions sent to Banco Bolivariano accounts will be paid automatically without time restriction.
- All Argenper locations remain closed until further notice.
- Banco Agrícola locations are open Mon - Fri 9:00 am to 16:00 pm, Sat 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Some branches have been closed until further notice.
- Banco Fedecaces: has closed some of their branches. Please check locations before collecting money. Time-table for open branches is Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 15:30 pm, Saturday's from 8:00 am to 11:00 am.
- Banco Fedecredito branches open Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 15:00 pm, Saturday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm, Sunday - closed. Two branches Chalatenango and Metapan are temporarily closed.
- Rico Express branches are open Mon-Sun from 6:30 am to 20:00 pm.
- Most banks in Ghana will be open Monday-Friday from 08:30 am to 15.00 pm. Bank branches which will remain closed in the designated zones in Accra, Tema and Kumasi will have notices at their locations for the nearest branches that are open.
- Consolidated Bank: as part of its support to cherished clients is providing free phone calls to all beneficiaries to assist them to access to their nearest branches.
- 13 locations of ELEKTRA remain closed until further notice, remaining locations are open from 07:00 am to 15:00 pm from Monday to Sunday.
- BANRURAL agencies remain open from 8:00 am to 15:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
- Banco Industrial branches remain open from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- BANCO FENACOAC opening hours are limited Monday to Friday from 08:00 AM to 14:00 PM, Saturday and Sunday - closed.
- Laparkan Financial Services: Pick-Up service is temporarily suspended until further notice.
- Unitransfer has reduced hours of operations in Haiti as following: Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 14:00 pm, Saturday from 9:00 am to 13:00 pm
- INTERNATIONAL BANK branches are open with reduced timetable as per Central Bank of Liberia instructions: Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Saturdays from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, Sunday - closed.
- Banco Atlantida is operating only on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9:00 am to 17:00 pm. Branches will assist beneficiaries according to the last termination number of the client's identity document. Service for IDs with the termination number 1 is available in the following states : Cortes, Colon, El Progreso y Yoro. Other states are attending IDs with the termination number 5 or 6.
- Banco Elektra has closed locations in Tegucigalpa, Choluteca, La Ceiba, Colon, Lempira & all shopping centers. Remaining locations are open for pregnant women or people with disabilities Mon-Sun from 7:00 am to 9:00 am, to general public from 9:00 am to 15:00 pm.
- Banco Ficohsa branches will assist Beneficiaries according to the last termination number of the client's identity document. MONDAY with termination 1, 2; TUESDAY with termination 3,4: WEDNESDAY termination 5,6; THURSDAY with termination 7,8; FRIDAY with termination 9, 0. Branches open from 9:00 am to 17:00 pm.
- Banrural branches will assist Beneficiaries according to the last termination number of the client's identity document. Monday with termination 1, 2, 3; Wednesday termination 4, 5, 6; Friday termination 7, 8, 9, 0. Branches open from 9:00 am to 15:00 pm.
- More Money Transfer locations will assist Beneficiaries according to the last termination number of the client's identity document. Monday with termination 1, 2, 3; Wednesday termination 4, 5, 6; Friday termination 7, 8, 9, 0. Locations are open from 9:00 am to 17:00 pm.
- Muthoot Finance, Muthoot Forex and Ahalia branches have started their operations during COVID 19 Lockdown period with opening hours from 10:00 am to 14:00 pm. Muthoot Finance Branches are open in Kerala, except Mumbai and Delhi. Rest of the branches are open in other regions. Manappuram branches have started their services. Some branches of Ahalia, Forex and Unimoni remain closed. Muthoot GlobalPay has launched door delivery of cash pick-up transactions in India. In order to service Beneficiaries better during Covid19 restrictions, Muthoot Global Pay has made arrangements to deliver money to doorsteps in case Beneficiaries need it. Beneficiary can call 0091 484 6690550/54/55/60/69/75 in order to arrange delivery. Service is available from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 am to 17:30 pm.
- Mtrade: Pick-Up service has been temporarily suspended until further notice.
- Canal MT has temporarily suspended Pick-Up service.
- Bancoppel branches will remain open every day from 10:00 am to 18:00 pm. Some branches have been closed
- OXXO: Cash Pick-up service remains available in Mexico with the following hours Monday - Sunday from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. The maximum payout limit is $2,500 (equivalent in Mexican Pesos).
- Some Telecomm´s locations are closed until further notice.
- Elektra has increased payment limit in Mexico to 65,000.00 MXN per day.
- Some Waldo´s branches remain closed until further notice.
- Public Credit locations are open Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 13:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday: closed.
- BMCE Bank: Monday-Friday from 9:15 am to 14:15 pm, AL BARID BANK (LA POSTE): Monday-Friday from 9:15 am to 15:00 pm, BARID CASH: Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 17:00 pm, Saturday from 8:30 am - 14:00 pm.
- In regards to current Global COVID-19 threat, Government of Nepal has imposed lockdown of Country until 14th June 2020. Cash Pick transactions are subject to availability of opening of KUMARI BANK paying alliance across Nepal. KUMARI BANK team will be calling to Beneficiary of Cash Pick-up transaction to provide them the details of the nearest opening Bank's branches.
- Banco Credomatic continues paying orders at the following opening hours: Monday - Friday: 08:30 am to 4:30 pm, Saturday 08:30 am to12:00 pm, Sunday closed.
- Polaris Bank: Selected branches will continue to be open Monday - Sunday from 9:00 am to 13:00 pm.
- Cash Over the Counter payments will be available in all Bank branches across Pakistan, which will remain open (Monday to Friday) from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM till further instructions by SBP.
- State Bank of Pakistan: New opening hours from the 24th March due to outbreak of Coronavirus
- Account deposit services including real-time IBFT and One-Day RTGS function will be available as per regular practice 24/7 seven days a week.
- ELEKTRA locations are open Monday Thursday Friday from 07:00 am -15:00 pm; Tuesday Wednesday Saturday from 10:00 to 18:00 pm. Branches in La Doña, Los Andes, Los Pueblos remain open from 08:00 am to 17:00 pm.
- BANCO FAMILIAR time-table during CoV19: Mon - Fri from 8:00 am to 17:00 pm, Sat from 8:00am to 12:00pm, Sun - Closed.
- More Money Transfer locations are closed until further notice.
- BBVA Paraguay has a special schedule: Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- Argenper: has closed its locations except locations in Lima, Comas, Camacho, Villa el Salvador, San Juan de Lurigancho, Callao, Barranca, Piura, Chiclayo, Trujillo, Chimbote, Huacho, Huaral, Ica. Provisional hours for the national emergency of branches in mentioned cities are: Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 15:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday closed.
- Interbank: Plaza Vea and Vivanda locations are open Monday - Friday 10:00 am to 16:00 pm and closed on Saturday - Sunday until further notice.
- Some branches of BANCO DE CREDITO DEL PERU will be open Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Filremit services will be back to normal from 1st June 2020. Available services: Credit to Bank account (Bank Deposit), Cash Card Reload, Cash Pick-Up (except BDO, BPI and Land Bank locations), Bills payment (including SSS), Door-to-door (with the exception of the following areas: Bataan, Laguna, Isabela, Nueva Viscaya, Quirino, Zambales, Baguio, La Trinidad). Bank Deposit transactions to the following banks will not be available until further notice: Citi Bank / Citi Savings Bank / City State Bank / HSBC / HSBC Savings/ Rural Bank. From 1st June 2020 Filremit Corp. offices will be open Monday to Saturday from 8:00 am to 18:00 pm.
- BDO Remit Cash Pick-up service resumes at all BDO branches nationwide. Customers may claim remittance at any BDO branch in Philippines.
- all Smith&Smith agencies are fully operational including the agencies from MALL. In order to offer to our clients with safe and quality services Smith&Smith opened other 5 new agencies during the Covid 19 outbreak.
- Some branches of Nations Trust Bank will be open from 9:00 am to 11:00 am in curfew listed areas (operations days may vary). Bank Deposit service is available.
- All banks in Togo will be open from 7:30 am to 13:30 pm.
- LA POSTE DU TOGO branches open Monday - Sunday from 8:00 am to 16:00 pm.
- UNIMONI offices remain closed until further notice.
- Some BBVA´s offices have been closed until further notice.
- CONTACT informs: We have not received any official notifications that CIS payout network is affected by COVID 19. Orders are processed automatically on a 24/7. At the same time some CIS countries are observing Nauryz Public holidays currently
- DONGA MONEY TRANSFER ihas disabled payments in USD, except Bac Giang and Thai Binh provinces. Counter Pick-Up service has been temorarily suspended during Saturdays. Bank Deposit and Physical Delivery services are working as usual.
- Steward Bank is closing all branches except Eastgate, Avondale, Gweru, Bulawayo, Mutare until further notice. Due to the COVID19 pandemic, Steward Bank is not operating normally e.g. Saturday to Friday, from 8:00 am - 15:00 pm only.
- NMB Branches remain open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 09:00 am to 15:00 pm.
- Due to the outbreak of COVID -19 pandemic, ZB BANK is experiencing some foreign cash shortages for payouts.
Stay home, stay safe, stay scam aware:
The outbreak of COVID-19 has seen an increase in scams and doorstep traders who are trying to exploit fear and uncertainty during this difficult time.
Types of Scams:
Testing Kits and Cures
There is currently no cure for COVID-19 and limited access to testing kits. When these kits are available, always ensure you are purchasing from a reputable supplier.
There are many genuine community groups and charities that are assisting the most vulnerable, however, be alert for individuals who may be taking money under the false pretence of helping.
There have been reports of thieves extorting money from consumers by claiming they are collecting donations for a COVID-19 ‘vaccine’.
Some companies are offering fake holiday refunds for individuals who have been forced to cancel their trips. People seeking refunds should also be wary of fake websites set up to claim holiday refunds.
Criminals are seeking to take advantage of the financial uncertainty many people are facing. These include calls/emails pretending to be from your bank, mortgage or internet provider, as well as increases in loan shark activity.