At Small World, we work hard to establish and maintain strong business partnerships with banks and other money transfer companies around the world. These relationships help us provide an even better service to our customers and their family, friends and loved ones.
Our relationship with Dutch-Bangla Bank is a great example of this. Due to this, we have put a new processing system in place, which will speed up money transfer to Bangladesh for certain delivery methods.
But first, why use Small World? Benefits of using Small World
to make your next money transfer to Bangladesh
- Secure and trusted: Small World offers quick and trustworthy money transfer services. As a regulated financial company, we handle more than 1 million transactions a month and have over 15m customers globally.
- Local support: We understand the importance of having a Bangladesh-based team that operates from 10am to 4pm local time, see details here. Local support is available to your recipient and provides help in real time, in their own language; a feature unique to Small World.
- First transfer is fee free: When you make your first transfer with Small World you won’t be charge a transfer fee, meaning you can send the difference to your friends and family in Bangladesh if you want.
- Competitive rates: We ensure value for money by checking the exchange rates offered by our competitors regularly, and beating those provided by the banks.
These existing services together with our new relationship with Dutch-Bangla Bank means that now is an ideal time to send money back to Bangladesh. Your recipient will now be able to receive the money you send faster than ever before.
What is the new agreement between Dutch-Bangla Bank and Small World? Dutch-Bangla Bank are well established in Bangladesh and have been doing so for 25 years. They have 195 branches, offer the largest network of ATM’s and a vast network of agents in the country.
Like Small World, the bank is working to enable more people than ever — especially those in rural populations — to access these financial services, which are typically reserved for those living in, or close to, towns and cities.
In short, our new agreement with Dutch-Bangla means faster payments for our customers.
What you need to know:
- This new service is available 24/7, previously it was only until 10pm local time
- Payment to either a Dutch-Bangla account or Rocket mobile wallet will be instant when using certain transfer methods (as soon as credit checks are complete).
- To access instant money, payments must be by bank deposit or mobile wallet
- To use this new faster service customers need to request it when they make the transfer
Previously, the time of day at which money was sent would impact how long it would take to reach its destination. If it was sent after a certain time, the recipient would not receive it until the following day.
Now, when you send money to Bangladesh is irrelevant if you are following the guideline above you will benefit from the instant transfer service: your money will be transferred instantly. As well as being more efficient, it also means you can send money when it suits you rather than having to make your transfer before a certain time.
The most popular ways to send money to Bangladesh:
- Cash Pick-Up
- Bank Deposit
- Mobile Top-up
And don’t forget, your first transfer is fee-free.
Our main partners in Bangladesh are Janata Bank, Agrani Bank, Uttara Bank, National Bank, Dutch-Bangla Bank, Islami Bank Bangladesh, Rupali Bank, Social Islami Bank, Bank Asia, Southeast Bank, Union Bank, SBAC Bank, Al-Arafah Islami Bank, BankAsia