Small World FS is a London head quartered Fintech provider of trusted, simple and low cost international payment services from 32 countries worldwide. Providing international payment services for consumers to send money to 188 countries worldwide, with a global pay-out network of over 250,000 locations as well as real-time bank transfers, Small World FS has over the past decade grown rapidly to become one of Europe’s leading payment service providers, and a member of the UK TechCity’s exclusive FutureFifty programme.
Reporting to the Group HR Manager, this role will be based in Portugal. The majority of our staff are based in two offices – one in Central Lisbon and one in Sintra (outside of Lisbon). This role can be based at either location, but this person will be expected to regularly visit the other location.
As a HR manager for Small World you will be responsible for:
-Review and evaluate existing HR documentation & processes against Portuguese employment law and standard operating practices in Portugal to identify gaps and issues that need to be addressed. Develop a R.A.G status of the findings.
- In agreement with the Group HR manager and based on the RAG status, agree an action plan and implement the necessary changes to address the findings of the review.
- Provide day to day operational HR service to the Portuguese staff including recruitment, new hires, contract extensions, terminations and general day to day advice and support.
- Working with the Group HR manager determine the ongoing for the Portuguese teams post implementation.
This role will cover staff based in several locations and there will be an expectation that there will be a regular presence at both our Lisbon and Sintra offices.
Essential Skills, Experience and knowledge
- Substantial knowledge of Portuguese labour law and general HR expertise.
- Strong stakeholder management and experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- The ability to speak Portugese and English are essential.
- The ability to work independently.